Nuova alleanza tra Maersk e Hapag-Lloyd da febbraio 2025

In February 2025, Maersk and Hapag-Lloyd will begin a new long-term operational partnership called Gemini Cooperation.

The agreement

As part of this agreement, the Danish carrier will exit the 2M Alliance and the German carrier will withdraw from the THE Alliance in January of the same year.
The new partnership will consist of a fleet of approximately 290 ships, with a total capacity of 3.4 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). Maersk will contribute 60% of the ships and Hapag-Lloyd with the remaining 40%. The main goal of this collaboration is to provide a reliable, adaptable and interconnected ocean network.
Under the terms of the agreement, the two organizations have set a goal of achieving program reliability of more than 90 percent once the network is fully deployed.
This partnership will include seven trade routes, namely: Asia – US West Coast, Asia – US East Coast, Asia – Middle East, Asia – Mediterranean, Asia – Northern Europe, Middle East – India – Europe and Transatlantic.
The network will consist of 26 mainline services, including dedicated shuttles operating from owned and/or controlled transhipment centres. These include 14 shuttle services in Europe, four in the Middle East, 13 in Asia and one in the Gulf of Mexico.

Strategic plans

According to Hapag-Lloyd CEO Rolf Habben Jansen, the partnership with Maersk will improve the quality of service offered to customers. Furthermore, operations will be more efficient and the sector will see increased efforts to accelerate the decarbonization process through collaboration.
According to Vincent Clerc, a. d. of Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd is the perfect oceanic ally for their strategic plans.
Through this partnership, our customers will have access to a versatile ocean network, setting a new standard for reliability in the industry. This will improve our comprehensive logistics services and effectively meet our customers’ demands. The aim of the collaboration is to improve the quality of services, reduce transit times on key port-to-port routes and offer access to world-class ocean hubs.
Both companies have pledged to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from their fleets, with Maersk aiming to reach net zero by 2040 and Hapag-Lloyd by 2045.

The alliances

In 2024, the duo will manage the transition from the current partnerships to the new operational collaboration and at the same time, they will maintain their commitment to serving customers according to existing agreements. According to Maersk, the Gemini cycles will be modified to reduce the risk of disruption by reducing the number of ports of call. Furthermore, ship operator structures will be simplified and Maersk or Hapag-Lloyd will be the sole operators for most liner services. Additionally, there will be an increase in the use of APM terminal facilities for a greater portion of stopovers.

Le Nostre Sedi

Cargomar – Napoli Head Office
IT-80147 Napoli Via Provinciale
Botteghelle di Portici 242
Tel: +39 081 5846569 
Tel: +39 081 7593295

Cargomar Milano
IT-20090 Segrate Milano
Via Cassanese 224 Palazzo Caravaggio
Tel: +39 02 2138851
Tel: +39 02 2137042

Cargomar Caserta
IT-81024 Maddaloni CE
Interporto Sud Europa
Tel: +39 0823 1833740
Tel: +39   320 9647741

Cosa facciamo

Offriamo una vasta gamma di soluzioni di trasporto e logistica integrate funzionalmente con le esigenze della vostra azienda.
I nostri team sono sempre disponibili a offrire soluzioni personalizzate per il corretto funzionamento della catena di fornitura.
Contattaci per conoscere i nostri servizi:

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Cookies Policy

Cookies Policy